Arkade is a CX consultancy and development agency specialising in discretionary retail and we’re looking for UX/UI Designer.
We believe brands should invest in creating meaningful, convenient and relevant experiences for the customers they know. Genuine loyalty and advocacy will only be gained from sincere respect of people’s privacy, attention and time. By doing this we can reduce the noise and reduction in privacy that is promoted by the wider advertising industry.
As a result the Arkade team creates CX strategies, platforms and services, using modern technology and frameworks, that allow brands to manage mutually beneficial and direct relationships with their customers.
We’re on the hunt for an experienced UX/UI Designer, to help us bring CX solutions and initiatives to life for our clients. In this role, you’ll get to help us design the full customer experience stack from backend solutions through to customer facing initiatives and interfaces for some of Australia’s top retailers.
You will work closely with talented CX strategists, designers and developers, shaping new and innovative ideas into meaningful platforms. You will mentor and collaborate with other developers, and love taking a role in ensuring the robustness and sophistication the delivered initiative.
You’ll be part of a great team of devs that all work in house in our Melbourne CBD office, and have the chance to really learn about the in-demand industry of high quality Customer Experience strategy, loyalty and retail technology. What’s not to love?
For us to love you, we’re looking for someone who is both professional and personable who can bring both knowledge and proactivity as well as a good sense of humour to the table. If you’re flexible, collaborative, willing to learn and able to think on your feet and talk confidently with clients then we’d love to have you on our team!
If this sounds like you so far, here’s a little about the skills and knowledge we value.
At Arkade, we focus on building technology solutions using the best tools available rather than focusing on specific languages or technologies. However the ones we use most are below, if you can bring a flexible attitude and some of these skills to the agency with you each day then let us know about it and apply!
What do you bring to the table?
- Start with identified customer problems to create great design solutions
- Condense provided research outputs into clear reports, visualisations, personas and customer journeys.
- Iteratively design solutions from wireframes to high-fidelity prototypes
- Establish fast feedback cycles into your process
- Clearly define UI patterns and micro interactions across Web, iOS and Android
- Collaborate closely with fellow designers and developers.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in UX/UI design.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, Sketch and prototyping software.